Thursday, September 25, 2008

Barack Obama Needs To Listen To His VP

John McCain last night announced he was suspending his campaign and wanted to cancel the Friday debate so the candidates could return to Washington as Senators and do their jobs. Obama has refused, opting instead to continue campaigning and fund raising activities.

This may be a case in which Obama may want to listen to his running mate Joe Biden. Biden recently called upon the wisdom of one our past presidents for guidance on how to lead in this fiscal crises. He said that we should use Franklin Roosevelt’s leadership during the stock market crash of 1929 as a model.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed,"

We will excuse Joe for not knowing that Roosevelt wasn’t president in 1929 or that television was in it’s developmental stage at the time. Liberals have a long history of not letting the truth get in the way of a good attack.

So come on Obama, show the grit Roosevelt showed and get back to Washington. Roll up your sleeves and help save our coutry. If you don’t remember where the Senate building is just go on one of those bus tours, most of them stop there.


Note: I realize this gaffe is a couple of days old and I have already alluded to it in another post but it is so funny I just had to. Chuck

10 comments:

Nancy Swider said...

Now Obama has been forced to DC by Bush calling his bluff. I think once this all shakes out it will be a net plus for McCain. I'm hopeful this bill can get worked out and the debate can proceed as scheduled

cube said...

Nobama wants to get through life voting 'present' and the presidency of the greatest nation on the planet is not a place for an affirmative action applicant.

Brooke said...

Did you hear Obama today regarding the Congressional session on the economy and whether he would leave Florida?

"I'll be there if they need me!"

LOL!

shoprat said...

Sometimes you wonder how he ever got to be Senator.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

And according to Bill Clinton:

"We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said, adding that he was "encouraged" by the joint statement from McCain and Sen. Barack Obama.

"You can put it off a few days the problem is it's hard to reschedule those things," Clinton said, "I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted -- I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country and so I don't think we ought to overly parse that."

Chuck said...

One of the most laughable comments I've heard is that McCain wasn't prepared for the debate. McCain can take a nap during the national security debate and still give Obama a whupping. I think McCain should drag his feet until the last minute and hen do the debate, framing it that Obama doesn't care about the country, he just wants to give speeches.

Z said...

Brooke.." give me a call.." Imagine?

shoprat. "SOMETIMES?"

Chuck, imagine how Obama felt sitting there like a dolt during the photo ops with Bush? I hear he flipped out when the msm had left, would love to hear more about that! (but I don't always believe the things my friend sends from FreeRepublic, so...)

I heard a pundit tonight say mcCain thrives on debates and rarely studies for them; he's totally spontaneous. They've been working with Obama intensively for 3 days. Maybe this McCain move was a little about interrupting THAT?!!

Except now I'm sounding like Free Republic!!

Chuck said...

They've been working with Obama intensively for 3 days. Maybe this McCain move was a little about interrupting THAT?!!

Z, Gotta give you this one. He may very well be doing this. He all of a sudden sounds like he may be going.

Bob said...

I guess that Rudy was right when he said that Biden better get that VP in writing.....

MK said...

Personally i'd prefer if Obama stayed out of it, the trouble usually starts when a leftist gets involved. I don't know what it is, but they have this way of screwing everything up.