Friday, October 17, 2008

Chuck Thinks Right Turns 100

On March 28th I posted my initial blog At The Front Of My Mind because I had this impression, probably horribly misguided, that people may have an interest in what I think about, well, everything. Since then I have made it to 100 and have as yet been exposed as a fraud and ran out of bloggerdom. So I will consider myself lucky and continue writing.

Along the way I have found that I genuinely enjoy doing this. I like to write so this is an easy and convenient way to do it and still live my real life as a father, husband, and a Nurse. I have made some friends along the way and have a great time talking with all of you, even the ones that I disagree with. Finally, doing this is cheaper than therapy. I am very passionate about politics (I know, stunning, I hide it so well) and writing about politics provides an outlet.

My wife, while as conservative as I am, is not much of a political animal. She worries about silly things like the kids, and the bills, and school functions, weird huh. I used to drive her nuts talking to her about politics. I think she may be more grateful I am doing this than I am. I’m leaving her alone, most of the time. Sometimes she comes too near and gets snagged into a discussion. So blogging gives me, and her, an out.

The thing I appreciate though is the visitors. I would likely have not continued doing this if not for all of you. The writing is fun but the interaction is what I get the satisfaction from. So thank all of you and I look forward to doing 100’s more.

On that note, I am taking the weekend off and going to visit my parents. I am putting myself on moderation because I have had one less than cooperative friend. Please feel free to comment and I will catch up when I get home.

Thank You,

Chuck

Chuck Thinks Right

15 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Congrats on reaching this landmark!

Papa Frank said...

Congrats!!!

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Have a great weekend!

I enjoy the comraderie; but my biggest problem is finding too many blogs to visit, with so little time. I can't get to everyone, every day. I think most bloggers understand, though- since they're in the same boat I'm in.

Z said...

Congratulations, Chuck.
It's been just great getting to know you...
I enjoy your blog articles and your comments at my site very much, too.
I hope you had a great weekend! z

MK said...

Good on ya Chuck, congrats and may the 200 mark come even quicker. Enjoy reading your posts.

"I am putting myself on moderation because I have had one less than cooperative friend."

That is a sign of success Chuck, if you don't have at least one leftist slimeball screaming, ranting and most upset because you dare to speak, then you ain't doing something right.

When they setup blogs to denounce you, start doing character assassinations, spreading smears and start holding faux kangaroo court sessions where you have to present yourself so they can all scream at you, then you're in the big leagues. :)

stormin said...

Happy 100th Chuck and many many more!

Mustang said...

One of the great things about the blogosphere is forming associations with people far distant, reading, and commenting upon their points of view with those of your own. In some ways, we are sharing concerns, in other cases, we read interesting anecdotes, and we read about and commiserate with others over a personal tragedy. There are so many excellent bloggers; some of them make us laugh, others may cause us to grit our teeth, and there are still others whose stories may bring a tear to the eye.

This is one of those excellent blogs . . . one of my daily stops. My only disappointment is that there is not a fresh post to read on every occasion that I click on the link that brings me here. I hope you will continue writing, my friend . . . but I must also say that you seem to have a mature sense of what is most important. We may enjoy reading your articles, but it is even more gratifying to know that family time is your first priority.

Semper Fi

Steve Harkonnen said...

Frankly, I am sick to death of politics lately...mainly disappointed and disillusioned over the fact that we have Teddy Ruxpin as our Republican candidate.

I am now blogging over at Karma's site, where most of my posts will vary in topic.

Brooke said...

Time to blow out the candles!

I'll get the fire extinguisher! :)

shoprat said...

It is fun and sometimes it's even addicting, but avoid one trap I have fallen into from time to time. Never see it as something you have to do. I have not posted in three days and need to do one even if I don't feel like it, Avoid that trap and you'll do well.

Nancy said...

Chuck, your blog is one of the first I read every day. I am very glad you do what you do because you challenge me to be better. Keep on posting buddy I enjoy reading it!

Randy said...

Funny, you don't look like you're 100.

Congratulations

DD2 aka Debonair Dude said...

Good luck towards the next hundred.

cube said...

We are all 'techted' in the head otherwise we wouldn't be wasting time blogging.

My hope is that we shape the beliefs of the undecided lurkers who never comment but always read.

Chuck said...

Thanks everyone, it really has been fun so far.

Wordsmith, your right, I have a real life outside of this and as much as I enjoy it, it's hard to do all you want.

Stormin, welcome and thanks. I enjoy your site.

Mustang, thanks. I've no doubt all agree, family is first.

Brooke, sadly my real birthday cake has almost half as many.

Shoprat, I hope it never becomes a burden.

Nancy, I'm honored

Agreed Cube, it's a little humbling to think we may be able to change people's outlook on something.