Monday, November 24, 2008

The Rural Parent's Nightmare

A school bus crash sent 14 children to the hospital in Greene County, Arkansas this morning. Although the condition of the children are unknown as of this writing, fortunately there have been no fatalities. Story and photo credit here.

We live in an area in which our children ride a bus to school. We have lived here 4 years now and I still get nervous when I think about it.

I think the drivers in our district are careful and genuinely care about the safety of the children, trust me I watch them. I further I have to believe the drivers in this district in Arkansas are just as diligent.

No matter how much you trust the drivers though, they are carrying the most precious cargo you have, your children.

So as the parent of three children who ride a bus, my heart goes out to the parents of these children and I hope that none of these children are injured seriously.


8 comments:

Greywolfe said...

I'm a professional truck driver for an oil field service company. I've seen bus drivers of every skill and responsibility level. Regardless of what is at fault here, my prayers are for all the children on that bus. As well as the driver of the bus. I'm sure he's aware of what MIGHT have happened.

Z said...

When I click on your site, and only your site, I need to delete some JAVA thing..? That never happened before here..do you know why, Chuck?

Anyway, this is such a sad story and I hope everyone's doing well.
I can well imagine what a worry this is.

MK said...

Hope so too chuck, judging by the condition of the bus, it looks like they should be alright. Perhaps some injuries but that should be it i hope.

Brooke said...

As skilled as the driver may be, there's all the OTHER idiots out there, even when we strap our kids into our own cars.

I hope those kids are all OK.

Aaron said...

Very sad.

Obob said...

best for the kids. And as brooke said, there are to many idiots out there

Christopher Hamilton said...

This is sad to hear. I hope all of the children on the bus are okay.

Christopher Hamilton
The Right Opinion, for the Right Wing

Chuck said...

Greywolfe, thanks. I've called a couple of districts to complain about their drivers when I see something wrong. I refuse to tolerate this.

Z, I'm getting that all of a sudden too, have to do a little digging.

Brooke, this is one of my main concerns.