Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Glorious Celebration

It was a day of celebration. Crowds swelled. People were dancing in the streets. Children sang. Old ladies wept.


Leaders gave stirring speeches amid the wreckage of a once proud city. Jimmy Carter was misty-eyed, thinking this day would never come.


The war-weary citizens listened in jubilation at the promise of a new day.


Representatives of the United Nations were even involved. At once happy at the new day but promising to attempt to determine what went on before this day and who was responsible for the decline of these people.


Yes it was quite a celebration Hamas held today in honor of their glorious victory over Israel.





Continue reading and photo credit here.

12 comments:

Greywolfe said...

I really don't know how to respond to this. It's exactly what I've come to expect with anyone that has United Nations in their job title.

Why, on God's green Earth, do we and Israel stay in the U.N.?

For me, it's gone the way of the League of Nations years ago.

shoprat said...

Victory means you're still alive. I guess.

cube said...

It's quite sad.

DaBlade said...

Nice! You got me. I thought you were talking about "He Who Must Not Be Named".

Brooke said...

The UN should be expelled from our shores and the building turned into low-rent housing.

Chuck said...

Greywolfe and Brooke, I would kick them out for goood

Shoprat, go figure

Cube, agreed

DaBlade, thanks

Christopher Hamilton said...

Haha...great post.


Christopher Hamilton
The Right Opinion, for the Right Wing

Z said...

Man, Chuck, aren't YOU clever.

You had me going, too....
the similarities are scary.

great job!

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Geez, you had me: When I got to Carter, I thought you were celebrating a remembrance of Reagan's inaugural.

Chuck said...

Christopher, thanks

Z and Wordsmith, thanks, it was a little fun on an otherwise dreary day

DD2 said...

Excellent post Chuck, and i love the cool new pic on the home page of your blog.
As for the UN, well you know how I feel on that issue.

Gramma 2 Many said...

I thoroughly agree Kick Them OUT!!!! They are worthless. I would tear the building down, it is probably infested. Need to start new.
I have avoided the news for the past week, because I cannot stomach anymore about the Messiah so I did not know that Hammas was claiming victory. I did know that Israel had pulled out. They need to just go in and level the whole durn place.