Sarah Palin sat for an interview with John Ziegler for a documentary he is working on. Article here.
It was a wide ranging interview and she was well spoken. I had hoped since the election she would take an opportunity like this to fight back against the garbage she had to put up with during the campaign. For one thing, this was going to be her only chance to take the offensive and regain control of her image if she wanted to run again.
My suspicion is that this may put the media on the offensive.
As I said it was wide ranging, she covered topics such as
- The left going after her son Trig and the false accusations surrounding his birth
- The media using bloggers as a source of information and using this as reportable fact
- Was the coverage of her political or sexist?
- Disappointment that Obama was able to place his wife off-limits but her family was not afforded the same courtesy.
- Interest in seeing how differently Caroline Kennedy will be treated by the media.
- How the media has loved her when she was bucking the GOP but attacked her when she was not.
It was a good interview and she touched on a lot of the topics that we have talked about on our blogs.
Take the 9 minutes to watch it, it's well worth the time.