Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quote Of The Week


The quote of the week is one of my favorites so far. It is from President George Bush and reaffirms all I have believed that he stood for.

I will let the quote speak for itself. Source.

"During the darkest days of Iraq, people came to me and said, 'You're creating incredible political difficulties for us,'" the current president said as his term draws to a close. "And I said, 'Oh, really? What do you suggest I do?' And some suggested retreat, pull out of Iraq.

"But I had faith that freedom exists in people's souls and therefore, if given a chance, democracy and Iraqi-style democracy could survive and work," the president said. "I didn't compromise that principle for the sake of trying to, you know, bail out my political party."

For this willingness to stand by his beliefs and to place his ideals above political gain, I give President George Walker Bush the proud American Eagle.





Photo credit

9 comments:

CJ said...

Amen!

stormin said...

that's is what is so wrong with all of politics, republican and democrat. it's about time someone stood up for what is right and just and good for our country instead of what is only good for the party. i only wish GWB would have revealed the names of these gutless republicans. God Bless GWB.

Z said...

Chuck, that's a great quote..but I'm a little disillusioned in general. I just admit.

Beautiful picture..thanks.

Brooke said...

Fantastic post!

Alexa said...

Reminds me of this Jay Nordlinger quote, although he was talking about Dems:

Let us simply realize that nothing, nothing will ever satisfy today's Democrats. You might as well go ahead and do the right thing.

Chuck said...

I think this may eventually be a part of GWB's legacy, his steadfastness.

Z, I agree, I'm a little burnt out too, especially after this bailout fiasco but credit where credit is due, Bush showed character herd that is sorely missing in most Presidents and certainly in the incoming one.

Alexa, good quote

Randy said...

I have to preface my comments with a few points. 1) I think the invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do for a lot of reasons. I wish it had been done sooner. 2) I think GWB's war on terror has been spot on. Look what it did for Libya. You don't here about them, because they are no longer a terror threat.

That said, it appears to me that GWB has been somewhat myopic in his views on universal democracy. I'm not sure everyone wanted the same result he envisioned

Papa Frank said...

I saw the entire interview that this quote is from and it was AWESOME. My favorite part was when Bush #43 was asked about receiving advice from Bush #41 and he replied something like "There are tons of good advisors and good advice out there but you only have one father that can offer you unconditional love."

cube said...

I thank GWB for awakening the giant after 9/11/01. What he did wasn't something one does easily. Can you imagine Gore or Kerry in the Oval office unleashing the might of the US as President Bush did? I don't think so.

Kudos.