Monday, February 23, 2009

Now For Something Totally Ignorant

As bloggers we all get some less than intelligent comments from people. These comments especially come from posters who have the moral courage of a piece of dirt in that they post as anonymous.

They don't have the dignity to leave a name, even a fake name as Average American pointed out in a comment. No danger of a track back.

Further I could care less if a commenter disagrees with me, I have enough arrogance to believe I am right and am therefore comfortable with disagreement.

I do not typically delete comments. In fact there has been only one instance in which I have done this. It is when I had a gentleman posting that decided he absolutely hated me. Again, I don't care about this. I already have enough friends I don't have to make anymore. I deleted this man's comments because they were baseless personal attacks that had nothing to do with the blog and I simply wasn't going to tolerate his behavior. Beyond that all has been fair game.

That is why I did not delete the following comment. I did not leave it because I agreed with it but I left it to serve as an example.

It serves as an example of some of the absolute ignorance we can expect from the left.

Now let me be perfectly clear, this is not a blanket statement. I have had people from the left comment before and have a frequent visitor that is left leaning that I respect and consider a friend. Having an opposing viewpoint is not ignorance, it's just different.

I also want to be clear in that the left has not cornered the market on ignorance. We have our own nutcases on the right.

But since this blog is titled Chuck Thinks Right I do come from a certain, and undisguised, viewpoint.

So read this comment and give me your thoughts. I realize it is long but there was so much that was relevant in it, it was hard to post it in anything other than it's entirety. The comment was in response to my last blog. The blog was about Rick Santelli's rant on CNBC.

Santelli is a racist who just doesn't get it! White racists like him don't want to help people out with their mortgages because they know that many of them are minorities. What they don't mention is that many of these people were scammed by the banks. But, it's not about mortgages it's about racism and immigrants who aren't white enough for them. These Angry White Guys (and Gals) who support Santelli think the 1965 Hart-Celler Immigration Act ruined America because it made it a lot harder for White Europeans from Ireland, England, France, Germany, Italy, etc. to immigrate to the U.S. and made it a lot easier for the Chinese, Indians, Jamaicans, Mexicans, Egyptians, etc. to immigrate to the U.S. What these white racists don't understand is that the 1965 Hart-Celler Immigration Act has greatly increased Diversity in the U.S. which has made us a much stronger nation and a much more multicultural rich nation. Before 1965 Whites made up 88% of the U.S. population. But since the 1965 Hart-Celler Immigration Act was passed (thanks to Ted Kennedy) and signed by President Lyndon Johnson the white Europen race has continued to decrease in America. Whites of European descent now only make up 65% of the U.S. population and by 2042 they will only make up 49% of the population. By 2100 Whites will only make up about 30% of the U.S. population and also by the year 2100 only 3% of the World Population will be White. By the end of this century white Europeans will be out of power in the United States(FINALLY!) and then we can finally end WHITE PRIVILEDGE and can get REAL Housing Equality, REAL Affirmative Action, REAL Reparations, REAL Change, and begin to redistribute wealth and property back to those who deserve it. Unfortunately, this won't happen until the White Kids who are in strollers and Elementary School today are in their 60's and 70's. The World is Flat. The white racist like Santelli just don't seem to get it!

Wow, that's quite a mouthful.

I have had a theory that some will disagree with. I have said that the election of Barack Obama could actually be damaging to race relations. Not because he is black, I have thought for some time that we are overdue for a minority President. I said in a blog the night of the election that we had to recognize the historic nature of the election. Obviously I do not like Obama and would have much preferred any number of other black politicians for President, Condi Rice, Michael Steele, J.C. Watts, even Colin Powell at one time many years ago.

The reason I think the election of Obama could be damaging is because of the caustic people he has chosen to associate with, the Rev Wright's, Jesse Jackson (before he wanted to cut his nuts off), Michael Pfleger to name a few. These men are divisive when it comes to race. When we have divisive men on one side, we have defensiveness on the other side and there is push-back. This does not lead to harmony.

Now I am not going to speculate on the race of Anonymous. For one I genuinely cannot tell what it is. For another, I find it completely irrelevant. The point of this entire post is that this person is exhibit A for my theory. Fortunately we view this person as a total whackjob and therefore afford them no credibility at all. What makes the whole thing worth talking about at all is what it does for race relations.

The one way to not improve relationships is to call people on the other side of the debate names, like racist. A way to not improve race relations is to see everything through the eyes of racism. Labeling everything disagreeable as racism cheapens the claim and turns it into a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. This may be better known as it's more common name of The Al Sharpton Syndrome.

One would have to be an idiot to not realize we still have racism. The opposite though is that one is just as ignorant to think everything is racism.

12 comments:

Flavor Country said...

Well Chuck,

On behave of left leaning thinkers, I apologize. This guy went off on one of the weirdest rants I have seen. You would have thought that he was talking about a pro Klan rally Santelli was at.

I can't stand either when someone is not mature enough to leave their name vs. being a coward hiding who they are.

Not sure if you were talking about me as the left leaning friend, but if you were thanks, and I considered you one also, take care and I will be ready for battle on future post.

mksviews said...

"I also want to be clear in that the left has not cornered the market on ignorance."

Yes, that's true, but they sure have the lions share of it and they do so little to drive out the scumbags amongst them.

"Whites of European descent now only make up 65% of the U.S. population and by 2042 they will only make up 49% of the population. ........also by the year 2100 only 3% of the World Population will be White."

And people wonder why much of the western world is going down the crapper.

Say what you will about the white man, he's done his fair share of nasty i know, but when those in third-world crapholes are trying to escape the crime, corruption, low-standard-of-living etc, who do they turn to? Nope, not the parts of the world where non-whites are the majority, not the parts of the world full of multi-cultural crap, rather the opposite.

That moron might be looking forward to the day when America is ruled by fools like him/herself, i sure ain't. I only wish buffoons like him/her would slither off to some other part of the world to foist their multi-cultural BS upon.

Pardon my anger, but it's because of scumbags like that, that your children and our future looks so terribly bleak.

Tina Hemond said...

Chuck, that commentor could be from any college or university across the nation - teaching that race, specficially the "power of race", is nothing new - however, coupled with the associates of our new President, and the constant media drumbeat re: race and all it entails, there has been a definite backlash. Unfortunately, while busy teaching hate, they neglected to teach basic reasoning - therefore, some also fail to understand that a blog title means exactly that - it is good to have oppsing viewpoints, it is unfortunate that the art of rhetoric has been lost to an entire generation (or two or three) - looking at Mr. Unknown's post, it is easy to see "talking points" that are part and parcel of the left - it is good to highlight ignorance, Chuck. As to leaving a name, it is those who believe in themselves and have a smidgen of self-esteem who are not afraid to post their indentity (or an alias for that matter) - that's my take on it -

Tina

Anonymous said...

The point of your post is right on and cannot be overlooked.

When people use racism as a crutch for their arguement I just shut them out. That stops the dialouge and nothing further can be gained or advanced.

There are many reasons for this housing crisis and people spending beyond their means (of all race and gender) are part of it. They should not get bailed out with my money.

Maybe Anonymous felt he/she could spew this fiflth since our new Attorney General called us all cowards. And just maybe the AG's rant supports the point of your blog even more??

Bags said...

Anonymous post :The point of your post is . . . was really me. It was not supposed to be anonymouns.

I have more courage than that.

cube said...

I find the racism I see in anonymous' rant more troubling than anything I've seen in a long time.

shoprat said...

The commenter had nothing relevant to add and I flushed his comment from my mind.

As for Obama hurting race relations, count on it as many good black Americans will be wrongly blamed for this guy's stupidity when it all comes home to roost. I just wonder what will happen when his puppetmasters decide he would be more valuable as a martyr than a president.

The Pondering Catholic said...

I feel sorry for this guy. He needs to meet Kevin Jackson from the Black Sphere. (His link is on my blog.) I assure you, he will set him straight.

Z said...

Chuck, you'll be happy to know I wrote and wrote here and deleted the whole thing.
The rant you highlighted made me sick with its stupidity and its own racism. Let me just say this:

We need people who love this country, who honor HARD WORK, not entitlements, we need people who don't buy things they can't afford, who aren't victims..Black, White Red, Yellow...GREEN? NO PROBLEM,...come to America because YOU LOVE AMERICA.

If you don't, don't come here, expect us to pay for you, rescue you, and then call us names. What is so difficult about that?

Chuck said...

Flavor, it was bizarre and yes you are the one I was talking about.

MK, the anger is well placed

Tina, your dead on about most colleges. As far as the Anonymous, I don't want to attack anyone who does not have a google account. All are welcomed to post here as long as they are fairly civil. My point is that it is cheap to do these hit and run anonymous posts.

Bags, I am a little confused by your comment. Are you the anonymous above your name or the anon that I wrote about?

Cube, it was quite disturbing.

Shoprat, a good flush is in order for this nonsense. As far as Obama giving anyone, black or white, a bad name, that is up to the individual. Most thinking people will not use Obama's behavior as a reflection on an entire race no more than they will let Bush define white people.

Pondering Catholic, I think it is safe to assume that most minorities will make clear that this man does not represent them.

Z, correct and feel free to write away, your opinion is always welcomed and enjoyed here. I've burned up some space at your site.

CJ said...

This guy is obviously a nut job and of course, a total racist. Whites of European descent now only make up 65% of the population. Maybe that decline is the reason why our country has lots its morals, values, courage, ethics. Now, I don't make that as a broad statement to include everybody, but hey, it is what it is. Racism. No, its only racism when they can't work hard to get what they want and need exceptions to get what they want. This is what Obamination has brought to the table.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛