Monday, February 2, 2009

Will There Be A Bailout For Oil Producing Countries?

Sand for sale: Cheap

Watching Fox this morning there is talk that Russia could go bankrupt because of declining oil revenues. I have two thoughts on this.

First, good. Sounds like Middle Eastern countries and Venezuela are having trouble too. It warms my heart to think that all of these countries that were screwing us last summer are getting a healthy dose of Karma now.

This is the one reason I am in favor of doing away with the internal combustion engine. Other than the obvious it will make Al Gore happy of course. What will we buy from the Middle East, Russia, and Venezuela if we stop using gasoline? Sand, Vodka and snow, and bananas respectively. Let them support their economy off of these.

Second, when will we bail them out? I'm expecting that we will send them foreign aid to support their economy. I say let's not, let them fail.

These countries can take heart though in this story. This will help them realize that no matter how bleak things are, someone else is having a harder time than you are. Emphasis mine.

'Near Death' Drama: Lindsay Lohan Stirs Trouble On Super Bowl Flight

Lindsay Lohan's frame isn't the only thing that's fading — it seems her star status is too.

The 22-year-old caused chaos while departing on a Delta Flight from Tampa, Fla. on Saturday morning when the airline was unable to provide her with a first-class seat on the already overbooked flight. According to an insider, passengers laughed as the starlet acted incredibly entitled (and embarrassed), stomped around and warned a friend traveling with her: "you'd better come and visit me back there in case I die."

How these little princesses tolerate this kind of treatment, I don't know. Even worse, the media doesn't cover their plight. All they talk about on the news is people losing their jobs and men and women dying in foreign countries with names she can't pronounce because of some war or something.
Excuse me while I go puke.

10 comments:

shoprat said...

Poor Lindsay. May she'll grow up but I'm betting against it.

Walts World said...

"Excuse me while I go puke."

Can I join you?

DaBlade said...

Hey, maybe I'll try that on my next domestic flight. Think I'd get the upgrade?

Brooke said...

What? Lindsey's friend didn't give up her seat for the princess?

LOLOL!!!

Chuck said...

Shoprat, doubt it

Walt, welcome and thanks for stopping by. Puke away

DaBlade, you would get kicked off the flight and questioned in the airport office by some nice men from the air marshalls

Brooke, good point, maybe she was afraid of dying?

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

Lindsay is accustomed to entitlements. Next up: Illegal border-jumpers demanding first-class seats.

Hey, that could be the next big crusade for the Libs!

Z said...

I say send Lindsay and her girlfriend to Russia....

No, never mind...there's lots of Vodka there, it wouldn't be good for her.

Send her to Gitmo.....
I don't know why!!!

Larry T. Durham said...

So Lohan couldn't fly with the great unwashed back in coach? Poor girl. She's almost as big a prima donna as LINDSEY Graham.

Hey Chuck, I've started a new political blog called Three Ball Dead. I've got you blog rolled there. Midst the Hum is still up, but due to some political differences is now southern culture, etc only. Thanks for your past patronage. I hope you will stop by TBD where the gloves are off regarding liberal stupidity. The first posts will appear there this afternoon.

Chuck said...

Pasadena, from what I've seen, the illegals damned near have first class service on their flights home

Z, maybe make it a bimbo "spa"

Larry, thanks, I'll stop by

cube said...

Karma can be a real biotch... much like Lilo.