Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quote Of The Week

There are times were I have actually considered renaming this weekly feature "The Joe Biden Quote Of The Week" but that would be lazy. I like to challenge myself and make myself do a little digging for these quotes.

This one was too easy to ignore though.

First a little history lesson so that I will not be accused of being mean spirited. On June 15 1992 Dan Quayle mistakenly corrected a kid who spelled "potato" on the blackboard, telling the kid it was spelled "potatoe". He was ridiculed for years, you still hear jokes 16 years later, about this. The truth behind this is he was going by the misspelling on a flash card provided by the school. While I am not defending Quayle, he should have got it right, maybe the better discussion to have would have been about a teacher misspelling it.

The only reason I mention this is because I am getting tired of the constant defense of Biden and his utter stupidity. We defined one VP by one quote and give another one a pass for being a walking gaffe machine. This man cannot open his mouth without saying something retarded. Yet he is shielded by the media.

Finally do we have to rehash the whole criticism over John McCain not knowing how to do e-mail? Somehow that seemed to be a major story for the MSM. The story behind this week's quote, not so much.

Anyways, off the soapbox and back to the quote.

Speaking of the administrations new website Recovery.gov, a site devoted to Obama's new era of "transparency" in government, Biden made this quote:

“You know, I’m embarrassed.” To someone offscreen: “Do you know the website number? You know, I should have it in front of me, and I don’t. I’m actually embarrassed.”

I think the operative term in that quote is "I'm embarrassed". For his ignorance about the internet I give Biden Al Gore's phone number. Since Gore invented the internet, maybe he can give Biden some tips. Once he's done saving the planet that is.

7 comments:

FJ said...

Technically, there's nothing wrong with his answer. Every URL resolves into numbers. That's what the DNS is for.

stormin said...

your right Chuck. the complete pass that Biden and all the rest of the liberal democrats get is maddening. no fair and balance here. Blagjevich has to be the only democrat in the entire history of the democrat party to be called on his stupidity/criminality. and that's only because he was about to taint "the one".

Z said...

I'm surprised Biden knows how to feel embarrassed...

But, the media's sleeping. Heck, our new pres. called Canada's leader PRESIDENT, thinks we have 57 states, and worse..................media respone: SNORE

Always On Watch said...

I don't mean the following in a snarky manner:

Perhaps Biden is suffering from early vascular dementia. My paternal grandmother and my former boss both had the disorder and showed similar symptoms in the earliest stages.

Disclaimer: this is not a defense of Biden!

Chuck said...

FJ, so your saying he's really a genius?

Stormin and Z, you are both right. As for me, I intend to beat this dead donkey, I'm tired of the double standards.

AOW, maybe there's a disorder that causes people to be Dems?

DaBlade said...

The libs get the pass every time. Remember when Algore asked who the busts of the founding fathers were? Joe "Champ" Biden has a glass jaw but the MSM will never lay a finger on this bufoon.

Chuck said...

DaBlade, his book is wildly innaccurate and he was revered for that.