Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quote Of The Week

My quote of the week is a little disjointed but I think it all ties together.

First we have a blast from the past.

This was Barack Obama on the campaign trail.

“We need earmark reform, and when I’m president, I will go line by line to make sure we’re not spending money unwisely,”

This is President Barack Obama this week justifying signing a bill, written by Democrats, full of earmarks.

"I am signing an imperfect omnibus bill because it is necessary for the ongoing functions of government."

Saying that the bill "completes the work of last year by providing the funding necessary for the smooth operation of our nation's government."

Then this about his critics:

"ironic that some of those who railed the loudest against this bill because of earmarks actually inserted earmarks of their own -- and will tout them in their own states and districts."

This is what his fellow Democrats in Congress think about Obama's criticism.

One Hill Democrat, firing a warning shot, suggested that the president ought not overlook his own stake in the omnibus bill — namely, the more than $315 million in earmarks in the measure requested by Vice President Joe Biden, chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and Cabinet members while they were still in Congress last year.

Sources:

Dueling Dems have Obama in earmark jam

Obama signs earmark-laden budget bill

5 comments:

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

The president is full of hypocrisy, lies, and strawmen arguments. I'm sick of tuning into his press conferences and speeches.

mksviews said...

Thanks for letting us know chuck. Good to see the dems are sticking it to each other on these issues, after all it's not their money. Something i'm sure a lot of them have forgotten.

Chuck said...

Wordsmith, I have developed a way to tolerate his press conferences, I don't watch them. I figure he's mostly lying anyways, I just wait to see what actually happens.

MK, read the US media and it's only the GOP fighting among themselves

My Blog said...

When will this hypocrisy end?
Never i suppose. Like this child wearing an Obama mask.
As I have just blogged on this morning

Chuck said...

My blog, you see the same thing with t-shirts. You can say what you want about Bush on a t-shirt but when Obama's name is on the shirt, freedom of speech is suspended.