Thursday, April 30, 2009

Obama's Claims Get Fact Checked

FACT CHECK: Obama disowns deficit he helped shape

WASHINGTON (AP) - "That wasn't me," President Barack Obama said on his 100th day in office, disclaiming responsibility for the huge budget deficit waiting for him on Day One.

It actually was him - and the other Democrats controlling Congress the previous two years - who shaped a budget so out of balance.

And as a presidential candidate and president-elect, he backed the twilight Bush-era stimulus plan that made the deficit deeper, all before he took over and promoted spending plans that have made it much deeper still.

Obama met citizens at an Arnold, Mo., high school Wednesday in advance of his prime-time news conference. Both forums were a platform to review his progress at the 100-day mark and look ahead.


Continue reading...

This is an article well worth reading. It goes on to fact check 3 of the claims he made yesterday. Turns out he wasn't entirely on the up and up.

The thing that is most amazing about the article is it wasn't on Fox News. What are the libs going to whine about now? Any criticism put forth by Fox, no matter how well documented, is dismissed as a partisan attack. It's going to get harder and harder to explain away his ineptitude when the rest of the media starts catching up with Fox.

10 comments:

Greywolfe said...

I communist president lies to a populace that is mostly conservative. I could have a stroke and die from not surprise.

You can always tell when he's lying, look for a teleprompter. The only time I heard him speak the truth was to Joe the Plumber.

Miss T.C. Shore said...

Thanks for the comment on my site and the invite to stop by. By the time you had left the comment, I had already visited your site, and it prompted me to create another entry to my site. Thanks for getting the creative juices flowing.

stormin said...

i'm so glad that somebody over at AP hasn't drank the kool-aid. thanks for the post and link to the article. also, i am a very happy man today. i got my first mention on Hot Air today!

Larry T. Durham said...

Good post: BHO denying any responsiblity for the increasing deficit is like the iceberg denying it caused the Titanic to sink.

Wat to go Stormin!

Flavor Country said...

Remember the rule Chuck......if it happened under Bush it's his and anfter Jan 2009 it's Obama's.

That's the rule, I thought we agreed on that?

Chuck said...

Thanks all for the comments.

One note. For only the second time I have deleted a comment. There has been an increase of useless idiots from the left making the rounds and leaving attack comments. They have been using names such as the Lynne I deleted. When I click on the profile there is not one. This means that not only are they idiots, they are cowards. I welcome dissenting viewpoints and have never deleted a comment because they did not agree with me. I have no tolerance however for intellectual cowardice. Step up and let us have it but do not hide behind anonymity.

If I am wrong about this, repost and I will personally apologize but my suspicion is that you are long gone. Off to continue with your wildly creative spamming.

Thanks all for visiting.

Stormin, kudos on the mention, I stopped by there and checked it out.

mksviews said...

Nice to see someone sticking it to hussein, it must be a strange concept to him, opposition.

"There has been an increase of useless idiots from the left making the rounds and leaving attack comments."

Turn the moderation on Chuck, the vermin don't respond to requests and such.

cube said...

We can only hope the tarnishing of the halo happens sooner rather than later. It will happen though because that kind of adulation can't be sustained indefinitely.

Always On Watch said...

BHO's don't-blame-me, adolescent backpedaling (translation = lying) is pathetic. He CLEARLY pushed for deficit spending, with utopian ardor. Hell, he was out on the campaign trail supporting that package after he took the oath of office and the true campaign for the Oval Office was over.

Even more pathetic is that his followers are sucking up the lie.

Chuck said...

MK, I am trying not to use moderation because I feel it hinders the open exchange I would like to have. I will just delete as needed for now.

Cube, you would think it would tiring

AOW, agreed