Monday, June 15, 2009

Better Than The Olympics

My 9 year old daughter attended her first track camp this year, both of her brothers are in High School track.

The camp was two days and she had a good time.

On the third day, there was a track meet in the evening and we went to see it with my parents. It was a blast watching these kids, aged 9 - 14, competing in the events. It is amazing how seriously they take these things.

It was fun watching them go through their warm-ups and stretches. The determination on their face.

Like I said, it was better than the Olympics.

For some great pics and a good story on the event, visit my wife's blog at In The Treetop.

10 comments:

mksviews said...

Sounds like yo'all had a blast.

Always On Watch said...

Chuck,
I left a brief comment over at your wife's site.

You and your wife must be bursting with pride -- as well you should be.

Brooke said...

I'm glad you all had such a great time!

Chuck said...

Thanks, I will take a track meet with my kids or a High School football or basketball game over a pro game any day.

shoprat said...

Some complain about money being wasted on school sports but I think they teach some lessons that can't always be taught in the classroom.

cube said...

Pure unadulterated joy from our experience as well. I'm going over to check the photos now.

cube said...

Chuck: I love my kids' games, but I do love me my Sunday Bucs football games too.

Chuck said...

Shoprat, I agree. It's more than teaching the sport. It teaches them teamwork, discipline, hard work. Actually we pay about $125 out of pocket for them to play.

Cube, I'm not saying I don't want to watch football, I'm not crazy. I just like watching High School kids. They treat the sports with respect instead of how the whiney pros treat it.

HoosierArmyMom said...

My youngest niece was a gifted basketball player and it landed her a full ride scholarship at a very fine University in Ohio. She met her wonderful husband there and she is continuing her quest for excellence by raising 3 beautiful children and working in a career that has been very good to her family. Couldn't ask for a young lady to be more blest and couldn't be prouder.

I remember to the joy and fun my parents,siblings, and I all had going to her games and cheering her on! Those are the times that make up the essence of life! Enjoy Chuck, and may your kids use their gifts to reap blessings on you all. Sports simply enrich and build character and are just loads of fun, imho. :-)

Chuck said...

Hoosier, we have attended the boy's track meets in cold rain and I wouldn't trade those times for anything