Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

This is a special edition of Quote Of The Week

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew

Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again. ~Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968

Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. ~Red Buttons

It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge. ~Phyllis Diller


Source for quotes

I am tending to my other children in the Emergency Room today.

For all of you who are fathers, appreciate what you have. For all of you who have a father, thank them for all that you are.

Chuck

11 comments:

Always On Watch said...

When I was a kid, I used to go to Griffith Stadium in D.C. to watch Harmon Killebrew at bat. I had a bit of a crush on him, I think.

Great quote from Harmon. Thanks!

DaBlade said...

"This is not a gymnasium." DaBlade's dad, after being too rambunctious in the living room. Of course, my dad's admonishments never had any bite as he was very easy-going on us boys. Great post Chuck. Happy Father's Day!

Z said...

SUPER quote from Killebrew, particularly.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, CHUCK...I love when you talk about your kids; shows what a good dad you are. Enjoy.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Happy Fathers day. Enjoy the day with which ever kids you are with today. Some of your ER kids may not even have a father and you could be the only example of a loving father they ever see. Great blessed day to you.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Happy Fathers day. Enjoy the day with which ever kids you are with today. Some of your ER kids may not even have a father and you could be the only example of a loving father they ever see. Great blessed day to you.

Loren Christie said...

Happy Father's Day, Chuck.

Brooke said...

I just love that diaper quote!

I actually tried cloth diapers for about half of a second with our son, and I used that quote to remember how to do it! LOL!

Happy Father's Day, Chuck!

Chuck said...

Thanks all

AOW, thanks

DaBlade, most of us have a bark that's worse than our bite. Happy Father's Day to you too

Z, thanks, that means a lot. I actually liked the Red Buttons quote but then I'm twisted

Gramma, thanks and sadly you are right

Loren, thanks

Brooke, that's about how long we tried cloth diapers. It's one of those things that sounds good in theory.

sue said...

The quotes are hilarious.

My daughter has 4 kids 9 and under.
A couple of them had been sick off and on. While we were talking I heard her say in a militant voice:

'Those who are well can go outside
and play.'

That really cracked me up. And gave me an idea of how it is for her at times.

Happy Father's Day!

Chuck - you've got a great blog.

Papa Frank said...

Happy Father's Day to ya, friend!!!

mksviews said...

Nicely said Chuck.