Tuesday, September 15, 2009

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze Dies of Pancreatic Cancer at 57

I didn't like all of Patrick Swayze's movies, some were a little too much fluff for me. I always liked him though and thought he seemed like a good man.

He leaves behind a wife of 34 years. The fact that they were married for so long is a feat almost unheard of in Hollywood.

More than anything though, I thought he handled his cancer diagnosis with a lot of bravery and class, at least publicly. I developed a considerable amount of respect for him on how he carried himself at the end.

May his family find some peace eventually.

6 comments:

cube said...

I didn't watch a whole lot of Patrick Swayze movies either. I can only recall watching "Ghost", but still, when I saw the obit, I was saddened because he did seem like a good man. Goodness knows, Hollywood needs all of those it can get.

shoprat said...

He was very good in Ghost and also as very young actor he had some great parts.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Rest in peace.

I've still never seen Dirty Dancing or Ghost, btw.

Gramma 2 Many said...

The first time I saw him was in Dirty Dancing, and this ole grammas heart went thud!! I saw Ghost also, but not liking W. Goldberg, was not intrested in it. Would not have watched it except someone else was.
Patrick Swayze seemed to be a man of class and conviction. I do not recall ever reading a tabloid front page in any supermarket telling me how he was cheating on his wife with one of his co-stars.
Gods comfort and peace to his wife and family.

Brooke said...

He carried himself with dignity to the end. RIP.

Chuck said...

Cube, agreed

Shoprat, I liked some of his stuff, some of it just didn't do much for me

Wordsmith, they were okay

Gramma, I agree, don't see that very much in Hollyweird

Brooke, I think so too