Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all

I will not be around much for the next couple of days.

I am spending today with my ER family.

Friday I am off and Brenda, the kids, and me will have our Thanksgiving then.

Actually my wife and kids are real sports with my schedule. For years they have had to work around my non-traditional schedule on holidays and weekends and they are real good about it.

We have always taken the approach that Thanksgiving (or Christmas, etc) are not the day itself but the togetherness. We do observe Christmas on Christmas Day but we also set aside a day either before or after to have our together time and observe the holiday as a family. This, I think is the real spirit of the holidays.

Anyways, I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with your family.

I want to send a special wish to our friend AOW who is getting to spend Thanksgiving at home with her husband after his 10 week hospital stay. I hope this is a special day for you both.

Finally, let us all keep our friend Z in our thoughts today. Z lost her husband recently and this will be a rough time for her. Know we are thinking of you Z.

11 comments:

DaBlade said...

Great post and sentiments. I was unaware of AOWs situation and I hope their day is blessed. Z is in my prayers, though her faith in God and love for Mr. Z is so apparent in her words. Have a great Thanksgiving Chuck. Go Blue! (at some point)

Brooke said...

You work Thanksgiving; does your ER rotate you onto having Christmas off and work on New Years?

Happy Thanksgiving, even if it does come a day late. I feel 'ya! :)

Chuck said...

DaBlade, Happy Thanksgiving. M will get there eventually

Brooke, I have a funky rotation in which I work Thanksgiving and Christmas one year and have them both off the next. I am actually taking a management job after Christmas and will hopefully not work holidays after that.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Chuck, thanks for stopping by and leaving Thanksgiving greetings.
I cooked a 28 pound turkey and there were about 32 people here. Am exhausted tonight, but it was an excellent day. I treasure the days I am together with my family.
By the way, it is not Twitter, it is Face Book:) Are you on Face Book? Look me up, if you are or my new group. I want to get as many followers as I can on the group so we can take it to Joe Lieberman and show him how many people would support him.

Always On Watch said...

Chuck,
Thank you so much for the special wishes. I did post an update in the body of the post about our Thanksgiving dinner.

We've had a couple of scary transfers here at home. Thank God that He gave me strong legs and very muscular thighs, or Mr. AOW would have ended up on the floor this morning! One very close call! My back and shoulders are killing me, but Mr. AOW is safely back in bed.

I've spent the last two nights in the recliner next to Mr. AOW's hospital bed in the living room. But tonight I think he's oriented enough for me to get a better night's sleep in a real bed.

Hope that your Thanksgiving today is a blessed one.

Brooke said...

AOW: The transfers will become easier with practice, really!

I'm glad all went well. DO NOT forget to take care of yourself!!!

Chuck: I'm starting a new ER job Monday at University in Cincinnati. I don't yet know how their rotation is.

If you become an administrator, don't let your head migrate up your posterior. ;)

Z said...

Chuck, I was enjoying your post so much and then saw my mention and burst into tears. How kind of you to mention this. THANK YOU.

Thanks, also, to my friend DaBlade...
you guys knock me out with your kindness ...and so much more. Thanks.

Chuck, have a wonderful Thanksgiving..you're right, it's about who you're with. xxx

Chuck said...

Gramma, 28 pounds??? We used to cook a 25 pound bird at my grandma's but that is huge

AOW, stay safe. I agree with Brooke, you learn how to do it.

Brooke, good luck on the job. I will try to keep my head were it is.

Z, We all just hope you are doing okay. Take care.

MK said...

Happy thanksgiving to you and the family Chuck. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for mentioning z and AoW

Chuck said...

MK and Wordsmith, thanks