Friday, November 6, 2009

Just When You Thought He Couldn't Appear Less Presidential

I was watching the events unfold on the shooting at Fort Hood yesterday when Obama's press conference came on.

I sat listening, stunned, while he talked about the Indian Affairs conference he had been attending all day. I watched as he greeted people in the audience.

I waited for mention of the shooting. As it turns out, I had to wait 3 minutes. This is how long it took him to mention the fact that 12 people had died and around 30 had been wounded.

This blog says it much better than I can.

Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting

President Obama didn't wait long after Tuesday's devastating elections to give critics another reason to question his leadership, but this time the subject matter was more grim than a pair of governorships.

After news broke out of the shooting at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, the nation watched in horror as the toll of dead and injured climbed. The White House was notified immediately and by late afternoon, word went out that the president would speak about the incident prior to a previously scheduled appearance. At about 5 p.m., cable stations went to the president. The situation called for not only his trademark eloquence, but also grace and perspective.

But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him?

Anyone at home aware of the major news story of the previous hours had to have been stunned. An incident like this requires a scrapping of the early light banter. The president should apologize for the tone of his remarks, explain what has happened, express sympathy for those slain and appeal for calm and patience until all the facts are in. That's the least that should occur.


Continue reading, it's worth it

Quite frankly I did not hear most of Obama's remarks about the shooting, I turned the Son of a Bitch off. This is why I do not watch his press conferences.

He is absolutely inept, narcissistic, and callous.

I believe that in time people are going to look back at the Bush presidency as one of class. For all of the yucking it up about his mangled speech and hick expressions, he makes Obama look small and petty in comparison.

Finally, I believe this country cannot wait until 2012 to rid themselves of him. We need to retake Congress in 2010 and impeach him. I almost think I would rather take my chances with his idiot sidekick Joe Biden.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with you!

Your friend,

J. Biden

Chuck said...

It's amazing who reads this blog sometimes

Brooke said...

Everything I can think to say about BHO at this point is beyond blue, Chuck.

Since I'm not sure if you would want such a rant published, I shall abstain.

Chuck said...

Brooke, I caught your rant at your site earlier. I got the drift. As far as here, I'm an ER nurse. You'll have to work to shock me :)

LomaAlta said...

Obama is a Muslum and a Communist. It doesn't seem reasonable to expect him to honor American troops. Could it be he sees our troops as the enemy of the Islam he loves?

shoprat said...

I quit listening to him before he was nominated. Reading his speeches are horrific enough.

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

He has neither the maturity nor the courage to lead this nation.

MK said...

"He is absolutely inept, narcissistic, and callous."

Like every leftist chuck, they have a deep-seated hatred for the western soldier and obama is no different, he's just not very good at masking it.

Bring on 2010, time to taking the stinkin trash out.

Brooke said...

LOL! I try to keep it clean out of respect to delicate eyes. ;)

I can get fairly mind-numbingly blue if the situation calls for it. Hell, even over at my blog I was trying to restrain myself.

Chuck said...

LomaAlta, so it's against his religion? Nice.

Shoprat, I'm with you

PCC, well put

MK< agreed. He's not only a bad President but a bad liberal.

Brooke, good job masking

Karen Howes said...

Chuck, I was soooo pissed when I saw this, I couldn't believe it. I thought, in spite of everything, that he would at least show a modicum of class. Nope.

Karen Howes said...

Oh, and I couldn't agree with you more about not being able to wait till '12 to rid ourselves of this presidential ponce.

Chuck said...

Karen, thanks, agreed