Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good Idea?

Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

Former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska has signed on as a contributor to the Fox News Channel.

Sarah PalinThe network confirmed that Ms. Palin would appear on the network’s programming on a regular basis as part of a multiyear deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.


Source

Myself, I think this is a smart move for her. She is an engaging personality and fun to watch. She is photogenic.

I think she could make more of a mark here than running for office. Look at the influence Rush, Beck, or Hannity have. Palin can have this same effect and possibly more.

The one thing that separates her from the aforementioned three is personality which may give her some crossover appeal. The men can all be a little abrasive and often turn people off. Palin will appeal to moms, a segment of the electorate that is not fully utilized by the GOP.

I think this is the best way she can make her mark in conservatism.

What do you think, good or bad idea?

14 comments:

Brooke said...

I agree, smart move for her.

I would love to get her on a talk radio show, if even for just one hour at a time.

I could hear the leftists' heads popping even now...

cube said...

I think it's a good idea, too. Plus, I'm enjoying hearing that the lefties have their panties in a wad over it. Heheh.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Agree wholeheartedly. I think Cube has nailed it right on too, panties are bunched up so tight they can barely walk.
Great political move for Sarah and economic move for Fox.

DaBlade said...

I'm looking forward to this!

shoprat said...

I think she would do quite well at this and will get her, and her message, more range.

Miss T.C. Shore said...

I think it's a good move for her from a financial standpoint. I'm not sure it helps her if she wants to run for a national political office again. I think she will do well, however, and speak for a large majority of us fiscal and social conservatives.

Karen Howes said...

I think this is great. She's a lot smarter and tougher than she lets on.

Chuck said...

It's unamnimous, 8 out of 8 intelligent people think it's a smart move.

Cube, "Plus, I'm enjoying hearing that the lefties have their panties in a wad over it."

I hear the women on the left are having a problem with it too.

MK said...

Great to hear it, looking forward to hearing more from her. Suck it in lefties, your worst nightmare continues.

LASunsett said...

1. It's a paycheck.

2. The forum can make her better known.

3. She can hone her debating skills.

4. She can continue her education on the national level at the same time she does all of the above. (She was thrown into the national arena mercilessly, unprepared for the onslaught that besieged her.)

Chuck said...

MK, well put

LA, interesting take. I hadn't thoought of that angle, she could spend the time training. She is still fairly young.

Mia Cronan said...

I agree that it's a good move for her. But I wonder what her long-term goals are. Unfortunately, it appears to me that bailing on her gubernatorial role was not a healthy move if a higher office is in her crosshairs. On the other hand, she knows what she's doing. And if she left that job because of the media pressure on her family, then maybe a world leader position isn't the best thing for her.

Personally, I have been a huge fan of hers since the day McCain introduced her back in August. I had chills listening to her energy and conservative ideas.

In any event, way to go, Sarah!

p.s. It irks me to no end when people say she's "unpolished." Unpolished to me is our entire current administration and left-wing Cabinet.

Chuck said...

Mia, I agree. I think her political career ended when she quit as Governor. I think though that this is her niche. I look forward to it and hope she gets a show.

Nickie Goomba said...

I have no idea how far she'll go, but the Libs despise her, so I love her.