Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Twist On An Old Problem

Man Claims to Be Illegal Immigrant to Avoid Facing Charge

SANTA ANA, Calif. — Border Patrol agents say a U.S. citizen claimed to be in the country illegally, possibly hoping to be deported instead of having to face an attempted murder charge in Southern California.

Agent David Jimarez says a man identified by Santa Ana police as 29-year-old Adolfo Aparicio was arrested Friday in Arizona in an area known for drugs and human smuggling.

Officials say the man misidentified himself and told authorities he was in the country illegally. A felony warrant had been issued for his arrest for the attempted homicide of his wife in Santa Ana.

Aparicio's true identity was discovered through a fingerprint check. Authorities say he will be extradited from Arizona to face charges in California.


Source

I have a different take. I suspect he assumed he would not face any punishment for being an illegal. In fact, the poor man may simply have been looking for free health care and free education for his children.

10 comments:

The Born Again American said...

Don't let Al-Qadea see this, they will be using this as a defense... Oh wait, I forgot, we just read them their Miranda rights and then pony them up with a lawyer...

Perhaps this guy should have just yelled "Allah O Akbar"...

Sorry, I got off track... I'm a firm believer that calling an illegal alien "undocumented" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmasist"...

Karen Howes said...

Hmmm... so if I need medical care (I don't have health insurance right now, as I can't currently afford it) I'll just answer "Que?" to any questions I'm asked.

Chuck said...

Born again, "unliscensed pharmacist" LMAO

Karen, Si`

The Born Again American said...

ooops... I'm a quadriplegic and type with the eraser end of a pencil, the S & C are pretty cose together on the key board...

Now to show my real ignorance, what the hell does LMAO mean...

Chuck said...

Born Again, I'm the idiot. I have a "license" and didn't catch the typo.

LMAO means Laughing My Ass Off. It's one of the few shorthands I know from texting

The Born Again American said...

I'm afraid the whole texting thing has me puzzled... I'm still marveling over cell phones in general...

I paid a great deal of money for my 52" TV and everyone else wants to watch movies on their phone... LOL... Who says an old dog can't learn a new trick...

Chuck said...

Born Again, I'm not a texting person either. I have had a cell for 3 years and just learned how to do voicemail a few months ago. Your right, we have a 50" tv and the kids will play video games on a small handheld game

cube said...

I'm not getting the point of this moron's reasoning. Like he thought he would be let go if he pretended to be an illegal? Duh!

Yeah, dude, mexican prisons are waaaaay better than those in the USA. Or does he think he can bribe his way out of those hellholes... hmmmm, maybe he can.

Chuck said...

Cube, he just remembered Napolitano was the DHS director, figured he would walk.

MK said...

Knowing all the benefits that are provided to illegals, you have a valid take on the matter Chuck.