Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Your Government At Work

IRS commissioner doesn't file his own taxes

IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman does not file his own taxes in part because he believes the tax code is complex.

During an interview on C-SPAN's "Newsmakers" program that aired on Sunday, Shulman said he uses a tax preparer for his own returns.

"I've used one for years. I find it convenient. I find the tax code complex so I use a preparer," Shulman said.


Source

In my mind this is just too funny.

9 comments:

cube said...

I thought the same thing when I read it. It's an astonishing statement, but at least he did't lie about it.

Z said...

it is kind of funny at that!
I guess you could say he's just another Obama guy who needs a teleprompter?

The Born Again American said...

Why doesn't he get Timothy Geithner to help him... Together they should be able to master Turbo-Tax...

Chuck said...

Cube, give him points for honesty

Z, agreed. They have all risen to the level of their incompetence

Born Again, not a bad idea except Geithner doesn't know how to pay taxes ;)

shoprat said...

This doesn't at all surprise me.

LomaAlta said...

He is an idiot, but as the commenters said he pays taxes and didn't lie about it.

Most bigshot Dems dont pay income taxes, so while not a good guy, he is better than the worst.

Chuck said...

Shoprat, agreed

LomaAlta, good for him we have lowered the standards

MK said...

It's often the case when governments are looking to rip more and more out of its citizens.

I'm actually surprised he pays his taxes, if i remember correctly, wasn't it harry reid who said that paying taxes wasn't mandatory.

Out here, there are plenty of lawyers and judges who never paid any tax for years, but if one of us peasants is late by a month, we'd wish were shot or something.

Chuck said...

MK< right. When your with the government your allowed "accounting errors"