Thursday, February 25, 2010

See Anything To Be Concerned About Here?

At least nine Justice Department lawyers formerly represented terrorist detainees before joining the Obama administration, raising Republican concerns that there may be conflicts of interest among top officials in the department.

The disclosure in a letter sent last week by Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich, which was provided to FoxNews.com, came three months after Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, led by Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley, asked Attorney General Eric Holder to provide information on lawyers who have represented terror suspects.


Maybe they should use the missile defense logo for the Justice Department instead?


I know I've asked before but are you feeling safe yet?

11 comments:

cube said...

There has been an unending stream of objectionable stuff coming from this white house since day one. Much of it is disgustingly un-American.

LASunsett said...

Not that I think it's a good thing or anything, but I have to think that there are more important things to worry about now.

What will it cost to take it down after the election? And when we contrast that with the cost of undoing the wholesale damage that will be done by spending two more trillion dollars, how important will it look then?

Just my opinion.

Z said...

I think I'll have to stop coming here..you're scaring me to death!
OUR DOJ guys are former TERRORIST LAWYERS? Have you ever heard their rhetoric? I have, and it made me think "are these guys from AMERICA?" (all Harvard educated, by the way)
Man, I HOPE the couple I saw interviewed a few years back are not among those working for US...because, trust me, they weren't working for US from what I HEARD.

Chuck said...

Cube, at least the terrorists are safe

LA, the next President will have one hell of a mess to clean up

Z, isn't this stunning? We now have terrorists lawyers protecting us from terrorists. You can't make this shit up.

Brooke said...

I think they believe if they flood us with enough objectionable stuff, as Cube said, we simply will not be able to keep up. They will get at least some of their 'hope and change' rammed through.

Chuck said...

Brooke, you do have a good point

MK said...

I'm surprised that obama hasn't taken actual terrorists into his administration. Perhaps he's worried about the backlash from the electorate cos i don't see him having a problem with it.

Anonymous said...

I think this objectionable stuff shall continue until we are allowed to shoot several of them.

G. Washington

Chuck said...

MK, we just haven't found them yet

Okay now I know George Washington couldn't have been on the internet, Algore hadn't invented it yet.

M.A. said...

This is frightening...but, alas, he will never be questioned about it. Pathetic media.

Chuck said...

Only Fox will look into it and they are just doing it to "get" Obama.