Monday, April 12, 2010

What Do You Think About This?

I mentioned something at a blog Saturday night that got me thinking.

I posed the notion that a good fit for Sarah Palin is the chair of the RNC. Although I personally like Steele, he is under fire right now and we run the risk of the RNC tearing itself apart before the November elections. Finally, I am not proposing throwing him under the bus simply for the convenience of winning the election, many of his current problems are self-inflicted.

I see Palin as a good fit.

She has a strong following among conservatives.

She is outside the Washington DC old boys club.

She would raise a ton of cash.

She is one that fires up conservatives wherever she goes.

She would bring the Tea Party into the GOP and force the GOP to the right and away from the middle.

Bottom line is she is probably unelectable as a Presidential candidate, partly due to her lack of experience, mostly because of relentless smearing by the State Run Media*.

So, barring the Presidency, she needs a niche. I think the chair of the RNC would be a nice fit.

What are your thoughts?


*all royalties for the use of this term to Social Sense LLP

11 comments:

cube said...

It might work if she's willing to do it. Personally I think she's got her hands full and shouldn't commit to any full-time job unless she's going to stick with it.

LASunsett said...

//Finally, I am not proposing throwing him under the bus simply for the convenience of winning the election...//

I would. In a nanosecond.

Chuck said...

Cube, that is true. We don't need her taking it for a few months

LA, your so heartless though. I have to say I am becoming more and more willing to do it the more he talks.

Miss T.C. Shore said...

I'm not sure I agree with you. Palin has become something of a lightning rod. She is great at energizing the conservative base, but I'm not sure she'd make a good spokesperson for the whole party, and I fear she might alienate some of the independents who are fiscal conservatives but wary of the party.

Chuck said...

TC, you have an interesting take but I still think Palin is what the RNC needs right now. I think a lightning rod may be better than a bunch of stuffed shirts sitting around pissing their pants about what everyone thinks about them

Always On Watch said...

She would raise a ton of cash.

She is one that fires up conservatives wherever she goes.


Those are two definite advantages.

I do definitely think that Steele has become a liability for the GOP now.

Randy said...

I think she would draw A LOT of attention and free time on the news. This could be good for a lot of R's. However, I think she is too divisive. I also don't think she would accept the paycut.

Brooke said...

I think she would be good, but I don't think the RNC would have her. They're not really conservatives.

Chuck said...

AOW, I still like Steele but he has been damaged, partly because of what he has done, partly due to infighting

Randy, she would draw news coverage. As far as the controversy, what would be said about the right that isn't already said?

Brooke, that's the real hold up isn't it? That is why I would like to see her there.

MK said...

Sounds like a good idea Chuck, the people definitely need someone fresh and different. Not the same old, same old.

Ticker said...

Steele was nothing more than an affirmative action pick and has been a total failure. Time for the idiot to go!

Palin would fire up the crowd but which crowd? She would certainly drive away independents who are looking for strong leadership, not just rhetoric that can fire up a crowd and maybe bring in a few bucks.

I have little to no use for the RNC and find it to be like a dinosaur, dead but yet not buried, left to rot and stink up the entire conservative movement.
Their attempt to place so called moderates into the lineup for this election has already driven those who are truely conservative from the ranks. A few more won't make any different. Give it a decent burial and move on leaving Steele and his "feel good" supporters in the graveyard as well.

Yea, I know I'm late posting but at least I had my say.