Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Baaack

We had a real good time at Disney.

The heat and humidity were miserable but it was still fun. I will post more on it later because I am still trying to get things back in order.

A few observations about Florida though.

-Take plenty of water. As we walked around Disney I had to keep at the kids to hydrate because of the heat.

-Wear comfortable shoes, Disney is huge.

-Brush up on your Spanish, it doesn't appear anyone in the Orlando area speaks or understands English.

-If your hotel advertises a free shuttle to Disney, investigate before you make reservations. We took the free shuttle one day to Disney, it was like you see in movies about buses in 3rd world countries. The only thing missing was crates of chickens strapped on the roof.

The driver didn't speak very good English and didn't know where we were supposed to go at first. He could not drive safely. He passed cars, weaving in and out of traffic, on the road to Disney. We had so many people standing that some were in the stairwell. The door was broken and would not open until pushed on.

We actually would not put our kids on the bus to go back to the hotel, we made other arrangements to get back.

I am currently filing several complaints against the bus company.

-Take your camera, it is beautiful. Especially the Pensacola and Cocoa Beach areas that we visited.

More to come.

9 comments:

Chuck said...

Sorry to anyone who has commented, I am not getting the e-mails for some reason and the wonderful blogger is not letting me access the comments even though it is telling me there are 4 of them out there some where. Know that I am not ignoring you.

Chuck

Always On Watch said...

-Brush up on your Spanish, it doesn't appear anyone in the Orlando area speaks or understands English.

That wasn't the case when Mr. AOW and I visited there in 1992.

The bus service used to be excellent. What happened?

Mr. AOW and I like Disney World just fine. But, actually, we prefer Disneyland in Anaheim, CA.

Chuck said...

AOW, I was last there in 81 and my parents went in 99, it has changed a lot.

Don't get me wrong, we had a blast but I was surprised how much it changed.

Brooke said...

I think I'm one of 'em. ;)

Karen Howes said...

Glad you had a good time, Chuck. I live only about an hour and half's drive away from Orlando, so I've been a few times. Honestly, the only park I like is Epcot.

When you come back to Florida, you must visit St. Augustine-- the oldest city in the United States. I go there often, and still never see everything. It's amazing.

Leslie said...

Sure, just ignore us all Chuck. Just kidding. Glad to have you back and glad you had good times on your vacation.

Chuck said...

Brooke, thanks

Karen, that's interesting. I had never been to Epcot and I was a little disappointed. I liked the Magic Kingdom.

Also, I have been to St Augustine, very cool.

Leslie, thanks and we did although the 1200 miles to get there was looong.

LomaAlta said...

Chuck, welcome back safe and sound. Glad you enjoyed the vacation.
It's hot in AZ too. If anyone should vacation in AZ, get out a map and do not go south of the I10 - I8 line. The southern 20% of AZ is unsafe for Americans. Oh yeah, speaking Spanish won't help if you come across a drug convoy.

Chuck said...

LomaAlta, thanks - I would love to visit Arizona. Does it help that you are so far away from the Mexican border ;)