Friday, June 4, 2010

Let It Be Idiotic

I have always been a big Beetles fan although not a huge Paul McCartney fan. I am certainly not a fan of his anymore.

McCartney's Put-Down of Bush Draws Jeers from Republicans

The 67-year-old former Beatle attacked Bush's intelligence after receiving the Gershwin Prize from the Library of Congress on Wednesday.

All together now . . .

"It's a fantastic honor (for) the Gershwin family to give me this incredible award and for me to be awarded it by the Library of Congress. And in fact, after the last eight years, it's great to have a president who knows what a library is," McCartney said, drawing cheers from the audience.
.
.
.
Marc Thiessen, a former speechwriter for Bush, called the comment "crass" and "rude."

"One, it shows no class. Two, it's ignorant," Thiessen told FoxNews.com, noting that Bush's wife, Laura, is a librarian.

"They made literacy an issue during his presidency and he is probably, as Karl Rove has pointed out, one of the best read presidents in recent history," he said.


Add to the above list the fact that Bush received an MBA from Harvard.

Just more evidence of how lacking in class the left is. Note that the article said the audience cheered. If I am not mistaken, Hussein and Michelle Obama were in the audience. But then, we've already covered the lack of class on the left so I am only repeating myself now.

The most ironic thing about this is that the one person with class, and the target of these jokes, refuses to join in. He said again this week in Grand Rapids, Michigan that he will not criticize Obama. He just quietly goes about his business while these idiots make asses of themselves. Who's the dummy?

10 comments:

Karen Howes said...

For pity's sake, they still can't stop bashing Bush after a year and a half??? Give it a @#$ rest.

And I don't believe McCartney is an American citizen... if he's not, then HE doesn't have a president, he has a prime minister. Criticize him.

gailtalk said...

Who looks worse, McCartney, Obama or Bush? Hint: Not Bush!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Karen, I was thinking the same thing as I read this. He is not a citizen of our Nation. He needs to take his uneducated self back to England and stay there.
I am so proud of President Bush. He has remained far above all of the fray. A sign of good blood, to be sure:)

Chuck said...

Karen, agreed. Or, maybe he could go home?

Gail, Bush has been the picture of class among these people

Gramma, agreed. Look at Bush's parents, both good people. Look at Obama's...

DaBlade said...

I agree regarding the true class exhibited by Bush. The contrast is striking. As for McCartney, he just diminished himself with this. The eggman with egg on his face, coo coo ca choo.

Brooke said...

COMPLETELY without class.

I have a feeling that history will be remembering this as the most corrupt, crass, rude, ignorant and destructive administration of all time.

MK said...

Not only do they lack any class, but their stupid jokes are old too.

I wonder too, will these so called bwave comedians sticking it to the state ever muster the balls to make a joke on obama. I'm not holding my breath. Besides zero doesn't need anyone making fun of him, he makes a fool of himself almost every day.

Chuck said...

DaBlade, he diminished himself

Brooke, they're almost already there

MK, the world is laughing

Z said...

While living in Europe, I watched a live speech by Bill Clinton in England at the Liberals convention on TV...Tony Blair was there, etc. I was CRINGING listening to Clinton bash Bush. "I enacted that and he wrongly changed it.." "I knew this would happen if this man became president....."etc...I wish I could remember the words; trust me, it was SO unprofessional, it was so unAmerican to slam a sitting president to an overseas audience.
To his credit, Blair was positively blushingly uncomfortable.

Paul McCartney had SOME NERVE and I like to think that audience was cringing inside, too...if not, America's in more trouble than even I think she is.

Obama sat there, probably grinning I don't know.......
this is on a scale with the MX pres slamming our laws and the Left applauding him.
WHEN WILL IT STOP?

"Let it be idiotic"...super title, Chuck :-)

Chuck said...

Z, look over the last 30 years or so and think about which former or sitting Presidents have bashed sitting (and in this case, former) Presidents and which have not. Carter, Clinton, and Obama have attacked relentlessly. Ford, Reagan, George H W Bush, and George W Bush have refused to. Notice a pattern there?

Ford and Bush defended Clinton during his impeachment trial. Think Clinton would have returned the favor if W Bush had been in the same spot?

Bottom line, there is a lack of class on the left.