Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quote Of The Week

A Navy Flyer's Creed

I am a United States Navy flyer.

My countrymen built the best airplane in the world and entrusted it to me. They trained me to fly it. I will use it to the absolute limit of my power.

With my fellow pilots, air crews, and deck crews, my plane and I will do anything necessary to carry out our tremendous responsibilities. I will always remember we are part of an unbeatable combat team - the United States Navy.

When the going is fast and rough, I will not falter. I will be uncompromising in every blow I strike. I will be humble in victory.

I am a United States Navy flyer. I have dedicated myself to my country, with its many millions of all races, colors, and creeds. They and their way of life are worthy of my greatest protective effort.

I ask the help of God in making that effort great enough.

While on vacation we visited Pensacola, Florida to see the Pensacola Naval Air Station and watch the Blue Angels practice. It was an incredible Museum and having a front row seat to the Blue Angels was amazing. These guys have a great mix of skill and insanity. I recommend it for anyone who can go.

These are some of the pictures from our visit.


This statue has the the Creed on it's base



These two boys are almost six foot tall giving you an idea of just how big this flag is




It is hard to appreciate just how close these guys are unless you are there watching it



This statue was cool in that it showed Naval Aviators through the years. From memory I believe it was, from left to right: WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the first Gulf War


Have a Happy a safe 4th of July

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Very awesome!

I live a bit from Wright Patterson AFB museum.

If you search my site for Wright and Arbeit Macht Frei you will find a few posts and pics.

Z said...

Thanks for the pix, excellent..

Happy Fourth, Chuck, to you and your wonderful family.

Chuck said...

Brooke, I googled it. It does look cool. It's a ways out of the way for us but I may try to make it there sometime

Z, thanks - you to

Always On Watch said...

I am a United States Navy flyer....I ask the help of God in making that effort great enough.

How soon before the "God" part is unacceptable for public display?

Karen Howes said...

My brother-in-law is Air Force, and in his younger years was a fighter pilot. One of the planes he flew was the F16. And my nephew followed him, kind of... he just finished flight school and is a helicopter pilot. I'm very proud of them.

So thank you so much for this... the pictures are neat!

Have a great Independence Day, Chuck.

Chuck said...

AOW, good point

Karen, thank them

MK said...

That's so cool, it's definitely a mix of skill and insanity.

Thanks for your kind words by the way.

Chuck said...

MK, agreed and enjoy yourself

For anyone who does not know, MK is a new father - give him congrats

cube said...

Cool beans! It sounds like fun and a good patriotic education for the kids. I bet they don't get that at school unless they're homeschooled.

We like to visit the air shows @ MacDill AFB often catching the Thunderbirds in addition to the Blue Angels. They perform awesome work.