Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still More Bad News For The Dems

This poll, out today, does not offer good news for the Dems this year.

Public confidence in President Obama has hit a new low, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll. Four months before midterm elections that will define the second half of his term, nearly six in 10 voters say they lack faith in the president to make the right decisions for the country, and a clear majority once again disapproves of how he is dealing with the economy.

Among those who say they are sure to cast ballots in November, 49 percent side with the GOP and 45 percent with Democrats.

Those most likely to vote in the midterms prefer the GOP over continued Democratic rule by a sizable margin of 56 percent to 41 percent.

Just 43 percent of all Americans now say they approve of the job Obama is doing on the economy, while 54 percent disapprove. Both are the worst, marginally, of his presidency. Even a third of Democrats give him negative marks here. And overall, intensity runs clearly against the president on the issue, with twice as many people rating him strongly negative as strongly positive.

6 comments:

Z said...

Well, Chuck....O's numbers might be low now, but Americans are hearing what RACISTS those mean ol' Conservatives are, so I'm sure his numbers'll go back up again...after all, who wants to vote for the RACIST PARTY?
(funny that days before the NAACP/Panthers flap, Ducky was calling my readers racist....AS IF....he must have got the memo early, huh?)
*(#$&*(#&$*(#&

Chuck said...

Z, first Ducky is an idiot. As far as the NAACP. I saw an article hat the Tea Party had support of 27% of Americans. I would like to see a poll done to see what the support of the NAACP? Maybe one that asks people if they think the NAACP is racist? Any thoughts on what the results would be?

Mustang said...

I suppose one could argue that Jeremiah Wright was correct, when during one of his disgusting sermons, he said, “…the chickens have come home to roost.” Some of us could see what was going on; some of us spoke out in opposition of the man who was no more than a community organizer (a pseudonym for communist); some of gave clear and timely warning about the candidate who was Øbama, and some of us wondered in a loud, persistent voice, where was the free and independent press? Would Øbama have been so popular if the American people knew the truth about him, his radical cronies, his links to communism and communists, or his ties to the Nation of Islam and the Black Panther Party? I think not, but I have no confidence in the American people these days.

I grant some polls indicate that Øbama’s numbers are dropping —but other poll numbers show this: 47.1% approve of Obama, 46.9% disapprove (Real Clear Politics). But none of these numbers gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling about my countrymen. How could so many people approve of Øbama, knowing what we know to be a fact about this thug? I have no confidence that 2012 will see the end of the Øbama administration and his radical associates. Sunset accuses me of being a pessimist; maybe I am—but at least I won’t be disappointed in another 2 years when we’ve reached the end of our glorious Republic.

cube said...

I'm not happy with these numbers either. They should be much lower considering the state of the country, especially the economy.

I wonder if the layabouts who want free stuff from the government haven't already overwhelmed the rest of us. I'm thinking what kind of a maroon do you have to be to not see the folly of this administration.

Karen Howes said...

Chuck, I have more faith in either one of my dogs to lead the country than Obama. At least I know they were born here and aren't in bed with Muzzies.

They COULD, however, be easily bribed with Milk Bones...

Chuck said...

Mustang, I think that is just about how many uninformed people we have in the country.

Cube, I think the numbers drop when the lay-abouts realize that the gravy train has derailed

Karen, probably brighter too