Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yet More Antisemitism From The Left

I have written previously that I was disgusted by some of the antisemitic remarks that Mel Gibson has made. I had a post recently saying that his views of the Jewish combined with his psychotic rampage against his girlfriend should be a career killer for him.

I say this because I want to absolutely clear about my stance on this and I want to be fair.

Further, let it be noted that Gibson has been shown to be fairly conservative over the years.

While I condemned the remarks he has made I have speculated that a lot of the outrage is due not just to the indefensible remarks he made but also to the fact that he is a conservative. I have suggested that the media went after Gibson so rabidly because he has conservative views.

Here is exhibit A to support this claim.

Director Oliver Stone belittled the Holocaust during a shocking interview with the Sunday Times today, claiming that America's focus on the Jewish massacre was a product of the "Jewish domination of the media."

The director also defended Hitler and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and railed against the "powerful lobby" of Jews in America.

Stone said that his upcoming Showtime documentary series "Secret History of America," seeks to put Hitler and Communist dictator Joseph Stalin "in context."

"Hitler was a Frankenstein but there was also a Dr Frankenstein. German industrialists, the Americans and the British. He had a lot of support," Stone told reporter Camilla Long during the interview, which can be found behind the paywall on the Sunday Times' website.

Stone said that, "Hitler did far more damage to the Russians than the Jewish people, 25 or 30 [million killed]."

The Sunday Times interviewer then asked why there was such a focus on the Holocaust.

"The Jewish domination of the media," responded Stone. "There's a major lobby in the United States. They are hard workers. They stay on top of every comment, the most powerful lobby in Washington. Israel has f***** up United States foreign policy for years."

The director, who recently met with Iranian President Ahmadinejad, also slammed the U.S. policy toward Iran as "horrible."


Continue reading (see what he has to say about Hugo Chavez)

Do you hear the crickets chirping?

5 comments:

Mustang said...

I do remember the press criticized Mel Gibson for some nonsense; it is difficult to recall what it was about because I have a natural tendency not to care what the idiots in the entertainment industry think about anything. This was even true back when actors loved their country. With that said, let me say I agree with you about crickets chirping. I only wish to caution my friend that just because someone is crackers doesn’t mean they are lying about what actually happened. We could discuss this in detail, but it would take up far more space than is appropriate here.

cube said...

The Oliver Stone case is why I can't bring myself to totally condemn Mel's alcohol-fueled rants. If Mel gets the therapy that be obviously needs, I don't see why he can't go back to work and make movies. Just because he's a conservative, he doesn't get the same second, third, fourth, fifth chance that liberals get?

I don't think so.

The left has, for too long, preached to me about whose product is worthy and which is not. I think I'll be the judge of that without their interference.

White House said...

Hi,

We are running a non-profit site; only for the sake of information sharing.

We visit your web site regularly. Recently we came across the "Blogroll" section in your site. Since our site is also based on regular news updates, we believe it would surely help us to be more effective if we get your site’s link. We have placed your link http://chuckthinks.blogspot.com/ in our site and we request you to place us in the "Blogroll" section.

URL: http://whitehouse-org.blogspot.com
Title: American White House
Email ID: whitehouseinfo.blogspot@gmail.com

We would be pleased with your positive response. Looking forward for your reply...

Thank You!!

Admin
Jerry Thomas
http://whitehouse-org.blogspot.com/

Chuck said...

Mustang, we never hear the whole story on issues like this. History is essentially interpreted more than recorded. With that said, his remarks were inexcusable. I do agree completely with you on not following celebs. I get what little bit makes it's way into the media, beyond that I could care less.

Cube, agreed. I still have no use for what Gibson said but a little balance would be nice.

WH, interesting site.

MK said...

Personally i think a-holes like stone should simply be ignored. Let him make his movies glorifying mass-murderers, i certainly am not going to be wasting my time/money watching trash like that.

Maybe the ass will bankrupt himself making movies that no one watches.