Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quote Of The Week

"I would have voted for it,"..."But I think it can be done better, I really do."

Charlie Crist

He then followed it up with this clarification.

"If I misspoke, I want to be abundantly clear: the health care bill was too big, too expensive, and expanded the role of government far too much,"..."Had I been in the United States Senate at the time, I would have voted against the bill because of unacceptable provisions like the cuts to the Medicare Advantage program."


I look at this statement and I see the word "but". This tells me he did mean it. Maybe I'm reading too much into it?

I think what is fascinating about this though is that there could be anyone left in Florida that still believes what this man says.

6 comments:

Phill Senters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phill Senters said...

Charlie Crist never "misspoke" in his life. He speaks only what he thinks will do him the most good at the time. He also talks more and more like Obama. I'm find plenty to question when either one of them begins a statement with "Let me be very clear..."

Chuck said...

Phil, he is also tanking in the polls. Fox had a poll this morning, he was down 10 points to Rubio. Who knew lacking principles was a problem?

cube said...

I never liked Crist because he always says what is politically expedient for his own hide. Also, I can't get past the Obama hug. Gag!

I'm voting for Rubio (which means blond in Spanish, btw)

MK said...

Never believe what a politician says, just look to his past actions and you'll find where he/she really sits.

Chuck said...

Cube, I think you aren't the only one looking at the polls

MK, his are all over the map - which I guess tells you a lot