Saturday, September 18, 2010

Observe, The Free Press

WJLA-TV fires veteran anchor Doug McKelway, cites insubordination, misconduct

Read the article.

Basically this reporter was reporting on the Gulf oil spill and pointed out that Obama was the highest recipient of BP campaign funds ever. He was called into the bosses office for the remarks, an argument ensued, and he was fired for insubordination and misconduct.

The insubordination you could almost get, he was arguing with the boss. But what was the misconduct? Speaking out against Dear Leader?

It's a brave new world friends.

9 comments:

Karen Howes said...

Wow. We're not in America anymore, Toto.

Z said...

Karen took the words right out of my mouth...I've been trying to click my red shoes together all morning and I'm still stuck in this place I don't recognize and which isn't half as fun without those little people :-)

I'm including this in my post today, Chuck.........you'll see my connection.
I have no words other than...well, "we're not in America anymore, Toto"

Mustang said...

"Lord took exception to McKelway's reporting and asked to meet with him" appears to be our clue ...

Anonymous said...

What was his misconduct?

Oh silly, he told the truth!

Pris

MK said...

They have to make obongo succeed you see, they propped him up as the messiah and all that, so he has to make it otherwise they look like fools and idiots.

Phill Senters said...

They look like fools and idiots already because they're trying to prop up Nobama. McKelway can probably get a much better job at Fox News.

Chuck said...

Karen, we miss it though

Z, thanks for the link

Mustang, agreed

Pris, welcome. The one thing the MSM won't tolerate is the truth

MK, agreed

Phil, I was thinking the same thing

Always On Watch said...

So, he got fired. I knew that he had been suspended, but I didn't know that he had lost his job entirely because I haven't had time lately to read the "Style" section of the WaPo.

We're living Orwell's 1984!

Chuck said...

AOW, he committed a thought crime