Monday, December 20, 2010

What Do You Think About This?

I'm not much in the mood for politics today. This stuck in my craw though.

Victoria's Secret Model: Ordinary Guys Don't Have a Chance to Get a Date With Us

"If you see me, or another model, in a bar wait until you are spoken too before you speak,” she orders.

The 24-year-old declares that if any of the clothes horses fancy a guy, they’ll be the ones doing the wooing.

“If we are interested in you we will make the first move," she says.

I realize these women are beautiful and a lot of their attitude is from the fact that the public idolizes them. I further realize that a balding old guy like me has no chance which is probably why I don't think it would be a big deal to date them.

With this said, are they really all of that?

First, what is an "ordinary guy" and why do they get to decide the criteria?

Mostly though there is this "wait until you are spoken too before you speak" - WTF? I mean really, who do they think they are?

This is really sad and pathetic as far as I'm concerned. They really think that they are that important in society that they cannot be bothered by common folk and, I do believe that they believe this.

What are your thoughts on this? Why is society so celebrity crazed? Is it healthy? Or am I just bitter because I am too ordinary?

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Such arrogance! Doesn't she know that her attitude can make her unattractive no matter what her body looks like? And looks eventually fade... What will she do then?

I'm not a guy, but I figure one would have to be pretty desperate to put up with that!

Ticker said...

I loved running into this type of female(I won't call them women cause they don't qualify) back in my single years. Those who thought they were all that and a bag of Dorito's soon were taught by one of the ordinary guys that they were merely the crumbs from the cheap chip bag.
Attitude adjustment hour was better than Happy Hour.

Mustang said...

I think it is clear (to everyone) that you are a bitter, balding man who is getting older every day. This point about the aging process is obviously lost on these 20 something models who think the world owes them something. One day they’ll wake up to the fact that fewer people are demanding their presence; they’ll come to the realization that time has rendered them “less beautiful” than they once were. They may even realize that physical attractiveness does not make a beautiful person, which is something I learned only last week. I think these women are mostly shallow and I won’t go out with them any more.

Hayden said...

It goes to prove just how ugly these women are. Outward beauty fades and they will soon learn how shriveled and ugly they really are -inside and out.

Chuck said...

Brooke, a couple of good points. One, she does make herself look less attractive. Two, looks are fading but personality tends to linger.

Ticker, funny

Mustang, glad to see you are taking a stand against dating super models. The one solace here is that I am comfortable being a bitter aging bald man, how will they doing with aging?

Hayden, dead on.

Ticker said...

Chuck, actually a few of us made a game out of putting these females down. We would bet who could do it the fastest, with the most embarrassment to the female, and stick her with the drink tab.

One of the favorites was to the effect, do you just want to stand here looking all high and mighty thinking you're all that or do you want to get down and low and get laid and prove you're all that.
The language may have been a bit more crude but the message was the same. hahaa.

MK said...

We'll grow old with our wives and children around us.

They'll grow old alone and forgotten. That is if they don't die young from some sort of substance overdose. It's sad really.

Chuck said...

Ticker, I am usually one to respect women (and I know you are too) but people like this do need to get knocked down a peg occasionally

MK, very correct. They will be regretting lost beauty and spend most of their time paranoid about people out to ruin their lost career.

Chuck said...

I will add one disclaimer to all of this. There is at least one former beauty queen I respect, Kathy Ireland seems as if she has become a good person. I've seen her interviewed on Fox. She is now a successful business woman and pushes the importance of family.

Ticker said...

Chuck there is a world of difference in those who are former beauty queens and these wannabe hoochie mommies who think they are all that.

cube said...

Beauty is only skin deep and, in a veritable blink of an eye, it is lost. Then again, these supermodels are constantly being hit on by guys on the prowl and they're sick of it.

Chuck said...

Cube, I do agree about the guys but the arrogance is still annoying