Wednesday, January 26, 2011

This Could Be Telling

I'm not a huge fan of TV ratings, I've never been convinced that they are completely accurate. With that said, one thing to look at in polls, surveys, or ratings are trends. In other words, if they have the same method for gathering the data year to year, it will be equally inaccurate. So a downward or upward trend can be relevant even if the actual numbers are not quite right.

That is why this may not be a good thing for Obama and his re-election chances.

According to this article, Obama's viewership numbers have gone down every year.

The president’s State of the Union Address drew 43 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That’s down 11% from his speech last year, and down 18% from his address in 2009.

In my humble opinion these numbers are a concern for him. I think it's an indication that the public is losing interest in him. The one thing that got him elected in the first place was selling himself to the idiots voters.

The way these ratings numbers are trending down, this SOTU address could get canceled in 2012.

9 comments:

Mustang said...

Stop teasing us ...

LASunsett said...

Unless something drastically changes, he's a one-termer. These people have cooked the books with their skewed numbers for the entire two years and blaming Bush is only get him so far this time around.

Of course, much will depend on how the GOP leadership acts in the next two years. If they stand their ground on spending cuts and things improve, they can point to themselves as the reason for the better numbers. If they do nothing and compromise, it will give Obama the upper hand in the PR market and he can say it was HIS leadership during a difficult time of bipartisanship that got us through.

cube said...

The only way I see BO is if I catch a glimpse of him during a clip played on a news channel.

It may sound like a Dr. Seuss book, but I do not watch him. I do not watch him at all.

I do my part on my blog, and can only hope my disgust is carried forth throughout the nation and his reelection is a moot point.

Always On Watch said...

According to this article, Obama's viewership numbers have gone down every year.

How interesting! His poll numbers go up, but people don't want to listen to him!

Brooke said...

No wonder this SOTU speech sounded more like a campaign speech!

Z said...

As Beamish said "he did a commendable job in that speech showing why he shouldn't be elected" :-)

From his lips to God's ears!

Chuck said...

Mustang, I rally am serious

LA, I think your right about the one term. I think he has lost too many of the independents and his support on the left is soft.

Cube, I do not watch him. I do not watch him at all. I do not watch him here, I do not watch him there. I do not watch him anywhere, Sam I am.

AOW, the polls went up about 3 - 4 points. Not a steep climb

Brooke, sort of like Tucson huh?

Z, agreed. BTW, welcome back. Glad you are feeling better.

MK said...

Wonderful news, it's about time people caught on to him.

"The way these ratings numbers are trending down, this SOTU address could get canceled in 2012."

LOL, good one.

Chuck said...

MK, thanks