Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quote Of The Week

I'm going to miss you so much =(

This was from my son last Sunday, the day before my grandmother died.

My two sons and I had gone home to Flint to see her in the hospital and told them on the way home that it was likely she would not live much longer than a few days at best. He went home that night and posted the above on Facebook.

The immediate family on my side is quite close and my children and nephews were all close to their great-grandmother, as were all of her children and grandchildren.

I could not have summed up her loss any better than my middle son did above.

We will miss her but she has had a rough two years and I know she was ready to rest.

Good-bye grandma and I hope you are finding peace today from the varied illnesses and pain that have consumed most of your last two years.

5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Simple and eloquent.

Glad to see you back in the blogosphere, Chuck.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Chuck.

MK said...

My condolences Chuck, and to your family. She is now with the Lord and in peace.

Z said...

You're raising real men, Chuck, able to voice their feelings.
No surprise.

She'll remain with them forever; it doesn't get better than that for anybody, her or them, does it?

Chuck said...

Thanks all

Z, thank you - they are good kids