Sunday, October 23, 2011

Quote Of The Week

"I guarantee it's going to be a close election because the economy is not where it wants to be and even though I believe all the choices we've made have been the right ones, we're still going through difficult circumstances."

Barack Obama.

Sometimes I have to look, dig, and scramble to find a quote of the week quote. Sometimes, like this one, a quote raises it's hand and says "Ooh, ooh, pick me".

Put another way, if I were getting paid for my blog I would think I shouldn't get paid for this one.

"all the choices we've made have been the right ones". Hmm. Think it's true?

As a bonus, look at this line. the economy is not where it wants to be "It", not "me" or "we" or "I" but it.

Some will say that this is nit-picking or a simple slip of the tongue (if recent history is an indication, I will be visited by someone accusing me of taking it out of context).

I do not think this is a slip of the tongue so much as a continuation of Obama's distancing himself from the economy. The economy is in no way, shape, or form Obama's fault. Ever. Period. End of discussion.

For an interesting read, go here. This blogger has a looong list of decisions by Obama that may have not been quite the right ones.

11 comments:

Ticker said...

Narcissist never use first person or even third person unless it it something that reflects well in their favor. I, me Mine shows ownership. In this case the economy becomes an "it" a pronoun, having no reflection upon him and shows no ownership.

But you can bet your sweet, that HE owns IT no matter how he twist IT or denies IT.

Phill Senters said...

The choices they've made are EXACTLY the right ones if the intent is to destroy this country.

Chuck said...

Ticker, he's narcissistic to point of pathological

Phill, good call

Brooke said...

Yeah, and my checkbook isn't where it wants to be, either.

What a dolt. Nothing is EVER EVER his fault.

Chuck said...

Brooke, ever, ever, ever

Ticker said...

Chuck being a pathological liar is all part of being a true Narcissist and of course we know that Obama is a pathological liar.


LOL the word ID is no luck. hahahahah

Alligator said...

Ticker, having dealt with people who had that diagnosis, I can say your analysis is spot on. You could be shrink or something.

Always On Watch said...

That quotation is a load of BS. Sheesh.

sue hanes said...

Chuck - I think you were right to read this quote and pick up on Obama's use of the word 'it.'

It does not really fit in very well and even though it is a small word it speaks a lot about our current situation.

Chuck said...

Ticker, Alligator, AOW, agreed.

Sue, I thought it was an odd word for an economy. It has no presence. I think it was not an accident but an attempt to make the bad economy the fault of "itself".

MK said...

Well first he blamed the republicans for the failure and no one bought it.

Then he blamed you lot, the voters, dumb, ungrateful, irritating shits that you are for not seeing the wonders he brought and no one bought that either.

Then he blamed those yellow Japanese bastards, those brown arabs for their wretched spring and the europeans he usually sucks up to and no one bought that either.

Then he blamed various disasters and other acts of the God he doesn't believe in and still, no one believed.

So now he's blaming the very thing he staked his presidency on, the economy. It's got a life of it's own now folks, it's what every leftist does when reality steadfastly refuses to bend to their fantasy.

The arrogant fool will never look to himself when searching for fault, never ever.