Friday, April 27, 2012

Agree Or Disagree

I have posted several times in response to public school policies that seem absurd to me.

A school in Texas would not let two sisters wear t-shirts with the logo for Home For Our Troops on them because it violated the school dress code of not allowing shirts without collars.

Read the article.

Is this a case of political correctness run amok or should everyone have to follow the rules?

Notice in the article that this was not the first time the mother had violated the school dress code.

Further, are we seeing the "troop card" played too much?

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, think about it.

I have always used this blog to support our men and women in the armed forces. I have used it to call out transgressions against the troops. I think I have actually written about this group a few years ago. It is a great organization and has a presence here in West Michigan.

I ask again though, is there a limit to when and how often people can cry wolf when they do not get their way?

Do you think the troops are fighting in harms way for American citizens to flaunt law and public and/or school policy?

Or is this a case of intolerance by the school district? It certainly would not be the first time a school has banned troop support in their district. We all know the public school system is far-left at it's very core. Is this just a case of a school pushing it's political agenda?

For a bonus, read the comments that accompany the article. As of this writing, they were coming out in pretty strong support of the school. Many from vets.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Rules are rules. If the students wanted a special day to express support, they should've applied or petitioned for it.

Always On Watch said...

I'm with Brooke on this.

cube said...

All schools have a dress code, but they always have days when the rules are relaxed and the students may dress as they please (within reason).

These girls should use one of these days to show their support of the troops.

Chuck said...

I agree. Do note thought that this was primarily driven by the mother, the girls are in 1st and 4th grade I believe.

As much as I detest the bashing of the troops, I get a bit tired of using it as a crutch. I think it is almost as disrespectful.

Right Wing Theocrat said...

It depends on the motivation behind the school, if it just the collars, then why can't the mother get the t-shirts with collars. Perhaps she's just after attention and stirring up trouble.

Chuck said...

MK, dead on. Reading the article it seems as if the school is not attacking the message. It also seems the mother may have a problem with rules.

sue hanes said...

Chuck - I support the troops as much as anyone - but I do think that we play the troop card one time to many.

Just let them do their job and let's not overdo it.

Chuck said...

Sue, agreed