Tuesday, January 15, 2013

News Flash: Lance Armstrong Did Drugs

I am having a hard time caring about this.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a dirtbag for cheating and deserves all of the bad that's going to come raining down on his head.

In the scheme of the country's problems though, it doesn't move the needle on my give-a-shit meter.

I do find one tidbit about this whole saga curious though.

I took a quick glance at the sites of CNN, MSNBC, Rueters, Yahoo, CBS, and ABC. Not surprisingly, they all led with this story.

Question for you - Did these "news" sites lead with a story about the current President of the United States using drugs?

That was years ago you say? Isn't this also true of the Armstrong story?

We live in a country in which we are fascinated by a cyclist, a sport most people could care less about, that uses drugs but ignores drug use by the President of the United States.

All of the little sheeple can now resume watching television.

6 comments:

GrouchyFogie said...

Liberals like Lance Armstrong like Anthony Weiner, and David Letterman, and yes Hillary Clinton are big on apologies after they get caught!
I shouldn’t be surprised, liberals like to give excuses for their misdeeds. Well good luck with that nonsense. It’s time to roll up the welcome for these useful idiots and ignore them, and not give them a platform to ask for our forgiveness

DaBlade said...

A most excellent point Chuck. A crack head in charge of the country and I'm supposed to get my bicycle shorts in a knot over Lance? And I'm with GrouchyFogie in just continuing to ignore these yahoos (unless we can ridicule them some more!) Glad to see you pop your blog head up again. Don't be a stranger!

Chuck said...

Grouchy, I am already ignoring him. Welcome by the way

DaBlade, I'm still around. I'm sort of like ring worm, annoying and hard to get rid of. Good point on being able to ridicule them though, they do have one use...

Always On Watch said...

In the scheme of the country's problems though, it doesn't move the needle on my give-a-shit meter.

Same here.

The distractions being perpetrated by the media are legion.

Chuck said...

Good point AOW. Quite frankly I think the gun control issue is a ruse. The shooting was horrific but anyone knows these proposals will not prevent another attack. Anything but the economy, that is what the media wants to report on.

Brooke said...

This is typical distraction by the MSM. WIth executive orders countermanding the 2nd Amendment, Americans being held hostage by Muslims, the debt ceiling debacle...

Look over here! Lance! Doping! NOTHING else to see here!